The Information We Collect from You and How We Collect It
We may collect and maintain personal information about you to assist in your travel and manage our business. Personal information is information about you that is personally identifiable such as your name, address, email address, or phone number, and that is not otherwise publicly available. We collect your personal information when you voluntarily provide us with information, visit the flyislandwings.com website, register on the flyislandwings.com website, visit the websites of certain Flyislandwings partners, use Flyislandwings products or services, and enter promotions or sweepstakes. Flyislandwings may combine information about you that we have with information we obtain from business partners or other companies. The personal information we collect about you through these various sources may include, but is not limited to:
- Name, addresses and telephone numbers
- Email addresses,
- Birth date and gender
- Credit/debit card number(s), including associated billing address(es) and expiration date(s)
- Passport number, nationality and country of residence
- Use of products and services such as flight status notification and online check-in
- Flyislandwings frequent flyer number.
Once you register with Flyislandwings and sign in to our services, you are not anonymous to us. In particular: When you make a purchase with Flyislandwings, we collect the following information from you:
- Billing address
- E-mail address
- Credit card type, number and expiration date
- Telephone number
- Frequent Flyer number
- Fax number
When you opt-in to receive the Flyislandwings email newsletter, we collect the following information from you:
- Email address
- Zip code
Cookies and Web Beacons
Flyislandwings automatically receives and records information on our server logs from your browser, including your IP address, Flyislandwings cookie information, and the page you request. Flyislandwings uses such information for the following general purposes:
- Customizing the advertising and content you see
- Fulfilling your requests for products and services
- Improving our services
- Contacting you
- Conducting research
- Providing anonymous reporting for internal and external clients
Flyislandwings may set and access Flyislandwings cookies on your computer. Flyislandwings lets other companies that show advertisements on some of our pages set and access their cookies on your computer. Other companies’ use of their cookies is subject to their own privacy policies, not this one. Advertisers or other companies do not have access to Flyislandwings cookies. Flyislandwings uses web beacons to access Flyislandwings cookies inside and outside our network of websites and in connection with Flyislandwings products and services.
How Your Information will be used
Your personal information is used by Flyislandwings and its vendors to process and confirm your reservation, issue boarding passes and tickets, bill you for the services you purchase, notify you of any flight changes and cancellations, and notify you and your travel companions of discounted air travel offers and other special offers that we think may be of interest. When you opt-in to receive Flyislandwings’ email newsletter, we use your personal information for a variety of purposes, including sending out notices for special offers from Flyislandwings or any one of its partners via email or postal mail. When you send us an email, Flyislandwings or a third party contractor may retain the content of the email, your email address, and all related correspondence. We use this information to track and measure our level of customer service. If you enter a sweepstakes or promotional contest, we will ask you to provide information about yourself. This information will be used to contact you if you win, announce the identities of the winners, and for internal marketing purposes. This information may also be shared with sponsors, fulfillment companies or other relevant third party service providers.
With Whom We Share Your Information
When you purchase travel services including vacation packages through Flyislandwings online reservations, we provide your information to the airline, car rental agencies, hotels or other third parties to process your reservation. Anonymous information about all of our customers and users may be shared with third parties. Flyislandwings does not rent, sell, or share personal information about you with other people or non-affiliated companies except to provide products or services you’ve requested, when we have your permission, or under the following circumstances:
- Flyislandwings's website is operated by various vendors, contractors and agents. Some of these vendors, contractors, and agents may be given access to personal information that we collect from you.
- We may provide your personal information to trusted partners who work on behalf of or with Flyislandwings under confidentiality agreements. These companies may use your personal information to help Flyislandwings communicate with you about offers from Flyislandwings and our marketing partners. However, these companies do not have any independent right to share this information.
- Flyislandwings displays targeted advertisements based on personal information. Advertisers (including ad serving companies) may assume that people who interact with, view, or click on targeted ads meet the targeting criteria – for example, women ages 18 to 24 from a particular geographic area. Flyislandwings does not provide any personal information to the advertiser when you interact with or view a targeted ad. However, by interacting with or viewing an ad you are consenting to the possibility that the advertiser will make the assumption that you meet the targeting criteria used to display the ad.
Flyislandwings does not seek to receive information from children under the age of 13. However, travel purchases on the flyislandwings.com site are made without requiring the customer to disclose his or her age.
Your billing address and credit card information is collected through a server operated on behalf of Flyislandwings to process your online purchase. Credit card information and passwords generated through the reservations system are stored using AES and SHA encryption. This information will be used if we need to contact you regarding that purchase.
The Transportation Security Administration of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security requires Flyislandwings to collect information from you for purposes of watch list screening, under the authority of 49 U.S.C. section 114, and the Intelligence Reform and Terrorism Prevention Act of 2004. Providing this information is voluntary; however, if it is not provided, you may be subject to additional screening or denied transport or authorization to enter a sterile area. TSA may share information you provide with law enforcement or intelligence agencies or others under its published system of records notice. For more on TSA Privacy policies, or to view the system of records notice and the privacy impact assessment, please see TSA's Web site at www.tsa.gov.